UK & Europe
1970 Factory built by Weddel Pharmaceuticals (subsidiary of Union International Co. Ltd; London)
1983 Weddel Pharmaceuticals aquired by Fisons and merged with Charnwood Pharmaceuticals
1993 Management ‘buy-in’ of CP Pharmaceuticals from Fisons PLC
1998 Steriles building commissioned
2003 Wockhardt bought site from CP Pharmaceuticals
2006 OSD products transfer complete
2011 New UNIT 10 Warehouse completed and approved
2014 Steriles GMP upgrade project initiated
2020 Steriles GMP upgrade project complete
Situated in Wrexham, North Wales near the English border, the site has always been important to the local community, with 400 people now working on site.
Wockhardt UK is a long-established, respected, leading supplier of generic and branded medicines to the NHS and UK grocery retailers.
Based in North Wales, we have been partnering with the NHS to provide quality medicines in both Primary and Secondary Care for over 60 years.
We supply over 170 product lines including many critical medicines which are manufactured both from our sterile manufacturing in the UK and across the world. We have a number of unique medicines for which we are sole supplier in the UK. We are not just a medicines manufacturer and supplier; we are a respected partner of choice to many NHS organisations. In addition to our core generic medicines, we have an expanding portfolio of bioequivalent, branded generics that are helping to maximise Primary Care medicine budgets.
We have an experienced supply team and robust supply chain for all of our medicines. We work with multiple UK wholesalers who distribute our products quickly and efficiently.
With an expanding portfolio of branded generic products covering multiple therapy areas, we’re helping to maximise Primary Care budgets across the UK.
By choosing Wockhardt as their reputable supplier, customers are benefiting from excellent cost savings, responsive support, and national coverage on our expanding product ranges.
Wockhardt UK Limited
- Sterile injectable manufacturing facility
- Established in the year: 1950
- Sterile facility area: 16,000m2
- Dosage forms produced: Small Volume Parenterals (SVP) (cartridges, vials and ampoules)
- Regulatory approvals: MHRA (and other RoW approvals)
- Fill size capabilities: 1ml, 5ml, 10ml, 20ml
- Units produced each year: 9.5 Million
- Number of staff in manufacturing: 161
- Number of staff in quality: 115
- Single site for manufacturing/packing/inspection: Yes
- Onsite QA/QP release: Yes
Global centre of excellence for Vaccines
- Partnered with BEIS UK, Vaccine Task Force, Astra Zeneca and Oxford Biomed for COVID-19 vaccine
- Fill finished 115 million doses in 12 months
- Supplied vaccines to UK, EU and 90 countries under the COVAX initiative
- Invested £17mn in new combi line and state of the art equipment
- Further investments made and earmarked to acquire new inspection line and new packing line respectively
- Partners of choice with distributors worldwide. Wockhardt have a global presence in over 65 countries and growing presence in Europe, the Middle East, North & South Africa, the Caribbean and many other territories.
- Large player in major Government tenders throughout the GCC with niche products such as the Bovine Heparins, Prosulf, Hyalase
- Sterile injectable manufacturing facility at Wockhardt UK
- Numerous product registrations in ROW market such as Hyalase in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Hong Kong. Multiparin in Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia.
- Key molecules for Export market: Heparins, Hyalase, Prosulf, Milrinone, Colchicine, Ursodeoxycholic Acid